Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Servant King



Words and Music by Stan Countz and Brad Schuber

VERSE 1
My head is hanging heavy with the thoughts of Him in mind
The king was called to serve us all by dying for mankind
And soon it comes for every one no matter how he tries
The day he’ll face the servant king and look into his eyes

CHORUS
'Cuz it ain’t ‘bout bein’ famous or playin’ Carnegie Hall
The one who made us died to save us from the fall
And He who would be greatest must be the servant of all

VERSE 2
I heard him say the better way is be humble like the poor
Yet, full of pride, each generation shames the one before
It’s sad to think that most will sink and just a few will rise
The day they face the servant king and look into his eyes

CHORUS

VERSE 3
I hate to see that pride in me, my heart is filled with guilt
I can't believe he gave his life that mine might be rebuilt
I have no fear as he draws near from out of cloudy skies
The day I'll see the servant king I’ll be His blushing bride

BRIDGE
It’s hard to see but part of me wants to build my own facade
But the servant king gave everything to bring me home to God
The enemy can appear to be an angel in disguise
But the servant king will clip his wings and cut him down to size

OUTRO
Who cares if we wear the latest or how well we play the ball
The servant king forgave us to save us from the fall
And He who would be greatest must be the servant of all
Yes, He who would be greatest must be the servant of all
Yes, He who would be greatest must be the servant of all

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
has produced a TV show called Valley Views Spotlight and published Valley Views magazine, a full-color, slick-stock regional magazine by, for and about the central CA area. Worked in TV and radio since the late 70's.